ACF Adoptions provides intercountry adoption services to both out-of-U.S. families seeking to adopt a child in the U.S., as well as Florida families seeking to adopt a child outside of the U.S.
For Florida families adopting internationally, we offer adoption home studies and pre- and post-placement reports.
As a Hague Convention Intercountry accredited agency, our team of licensed mental health counselors, attorneys and support staff can guide you through every step of the intercountry adoption process. In every adoption case, we always maintain high integrity, adhering to our agency’s clear code of ethics. Our record of intercountry placements is also available upon request and will provide you with a) the number of adoption placements per year and the number and percentage of those placements that remain intact, are disrupted, or have been dissolved as of the time the information is provided and b) the number of parents who apply to adopt on a yearly basis, based on data for the prior three calendar years.
If you’re ready to begin the intercountry adoption process, download ACF’s Intercountry Preliminary Adoption Application Packet, which contains:
- ACF Preliminary Application Checklist
- ACF Preliminary Adoption Application Form
- ACF Adoption Policies
- F.S. 63 Adoption Disclosure
- Intercountry Complaint Procedure
Review Fee Schedule:
Intercountry Adoption Resources
- Department of State http://www.adoption.state.gov
- COA http://coanet.org provides information about substantiated complaints and adverse actions.
- Your Rights and Responsibilities as an Adoptive Parent
- Intercountry Adoption Fact Sheet For U.S. families: From the Information Gateway website of the Federal government.
- Rainbowkids.com: An online resource designed to educate and support families built through intercountry adoption.
- Hague Convention Information
- Information for U.S. citizens Living Abroad
- Intercountry Adoption Eligibility to Adopt: - http://adoption.state.gov/adoption_process/who.php
- Form I-800A - Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country
- Form I-600A - Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition
- Adoption Medical Travel Guide: Four articles by Deborah Borchers, M.D., that walk parents through evaluating a referral, preparing for the adoption trip, and completing a post-adoption medical assessment.